SPONSORS

HOME









CHUCK HILLIG

Photography by Jerry Katz

DR. ROBERT PUFF

THE NATURAL BLISS OF BEING

       

RUPERT SPIRA

DISSOLVED, Tarun Sardana

RAMAJI

ONE

   HIGH JUMP, Tarun Sardana    



 



Nonduality.com HOME



Discover over 5000 pages on Nonduality.com by Googling:

google site:nonduality.com [your choice of keyword(s)]


Read Jerry Katz's article in The Culturium:

Let the Scene See You

Landscape photography from a nondual point of view




Photography by Jerry Katz

 

Highlights #531

Click here to go to the next issue.


There is only enlightenment to be found anywhere, nothing to seek and
nothing to change. Dive in, everyone!

Love,

Omkara
http://coresite.cjb.net

________________________________________________________________________________\
_____


Patience is not seen from here as a virtue, but more
a quality found in those who neither expect, nor demand,

that people/events should unfold a certain way.

And thus a doctor who is *patient* would simply
do what was before him to do (such as sew stitches
in someone's skull, and prescribe appropriate
follow up care) WITHOUT yelling thru a loud speaker
......announcing to the entire hospital that the person
he was treating was an 'abject slave'.....was
nothing more than someone's "puppet".... whose
presence makes him so sick he could throw up.


love,
Melody

________________________________________________________________________________\
_____



White Wolfe:

Stop. Silence. Stillness. Reach out in humility and receive with empty hands,
and
clear eyes what cannot be grasped or seen...

She who cannot be held and whose name cannot be spoken is outside you....
Your empty heart is full and ready to give because your Sacred Heart is full of
Compassion.
He who cannot be seen and whose name cannot be spoken is within you...
Your blind eyes see and your mind ready to give because your Mystic Mind is
full of
Understanding.

________________________________________________________________________________\
_____



Manchine:

Total nothingness ignoring! (as opposed to not ignoring) of another!
Incredible!

It brings to mind a Universal Being, that is only interested in THIS,
or is that the problem? Too much interest in THIS, too much focus? The
interest in THIS is not the Universal Being, nor is THIS, but for THIS
we (may) see IT (by default).

________________________________________________________________________________\
_____



Sandeep and Marcia:

> > M:
> > I did go to a slumber party with a group of friends of twenty-five
> > years. I was trying to intuit in the moment some feelings and
> > my friend kept asking for examples and finally I said this was
> > very frustrating as she was asking me to switch from feeling
> > in the moment to thinking about feeling.
>
> S:
> Feeling in the moment is always impersonal.
>
> Thinking about feeling is in time, in recollection, in memory (could be just
> half a second later) and is always by the 'me".
>
> > M:
> > There is a big
> > difference of which I am suddenly very aware.
>
> S:
> What was the difference that you have become aware of?

M:
Location in the body. Feeling in the moment located primarily
in the chest area. Sensing my entire body and feeling in the
chest area. She kept pulling me to think about which seems
to be located in the head. Feeling in the moment seems in
tune with what is coming through or seeping through whereas
trying to find an example ssems to be in the scanning mechanism
in the head. I mean, I felt like I was in the moment describing
feeling in the moment so the example was right there now.
One friend kept asking what I was feeling when my other friend
kept asking for an example and I said frustration. Frustration
cause the feeling was be disrupted. Make sense?

Marcia

________________________________________________________________________________\
_____




Manchine:

<snip>
I am convinced that almost every human being, deep
down inside actually knows what is going on. The evidence of suppresion
is overwhelming. The knowledge is kept, securely, umpteen levels
below the surface, well out of conscious reach.

Even when they're saying yeah, uh huh, yup, um hmm, even when they're
asking for knowledge.

The full context of existence permits expansion of the paradigm beyond
the physical. The physical context is incomplete and is evidenced by
anomolies in structure, like infinity, which physically can't be, but
is evident, like I AM, which can't be but seems evident, and I'm sure you
can
name numerous others, which itself is impossible but I'm sure you would
agree is also evident.

Well, I'm rambling on. Unfortunate that the ears that understand are
the ones that already know.

Thanks Anyways,
Dave

________________________________________________________________________________\
_____


Dan:

*The Attention Game*

Dear Ed,

Beautiful.
I enjoy hearing your thoughts on this
very much.
You had my undivided attention.

Hey, if I've now got yours, let
me tell you a paradoxical, ambiguous and wise
nondual story. It's for your further
edification of course. Once there
was this priest who wanted attention.
But when he asked his parish for attention,
they thought he said, "a tension." So,
they all started yelling at him in unison
about all his flaws and short-comings.
He got an ulcer.

Pretty eddie-frying, huh?

Anyway, enough of me talking about me.
What do you think of me?

O.K., as (if?) you've suffered through the
preceding bullshit, I will now
state uniquivocally that you are
on to something.

Images coming to mind regarding what
you say about attention:

Hitler in front of the masses ...
the Pope speaking in Vatican Square...
the Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones,
Michael Jackson, 'N Sync on tour...

Adi Da, Osho,
Jim Jones, David Koresh speaking
for hours to enthralled disciples...
Jesus on the Mount, the Buddha
with his disciples, Mohammed
speaking of visions...

All the politicians giving speech
after speech
All the stage hypnotists doing their
thing...

All the lovers enraptured with each
other, until it wears off, and
is heard, "...you're not paying
attention to me anymore" or
"I just fell out of love with you"...

Not to mention, the television set attracting the
entranced attention of millions of viewers.

Well, the list goes on and on --
and all the audiences giving
their undivided attention
unconsciously hoping for
...something special...
to be in the presence of
greatness, to be witnessing
a historical moment...
or at least to be entertained
and forget their suffering for
a moment ...

Well, your story about attention
as a causal factor in suffering
is fine, and then there's this:

There is nothing to cause attention
to be diverted to something "out there"...

There is nothing there until attention
believes/perceives something out there
to give attention to, and to receive
attention from ...

There is nothing there until awareness
believes/perceives itself to have
lost something (e.g. undivided attention/love)

So, really, the question is, how does
anything "other" come to be perceived
by awareness in the first place, and
how does awareness perceive itself
as lacking something from outside
of itself (i.e., needing unconditional
attention) in the first place?

Many theories abound (Greg's idea of
creation stories fits here)...
many spiritual theories talking about
the attraction/experience of
materiality, splitness, duality ...

Follow this closely and you'll see, it
starts right here, now.
The only reason there seems to be games
being played for attention is because
right now, here, there is this split
in awareness which is attributed
to a past event (e.g., the child wanted
unconditional love but didn't get it, etc.)

How is this split occurring right now, this
instant, here? (I assure you, now that
I have your attention, that it does indeed
begin and end here.) Because the
instant there can be believed to be
a past, a memory of something that happened
to me -- that perception of something
outside has already "now" split "now".

Now, attention can "heal" itself.
Awareness can re-cognize that the past
actually *is* "now", and therefore
isn't what it appears to be perceptually
(i.e., a record of events that happened to "me"
from things outside of me)

The delusion of time happening to an entity
can end right here, now, and then it doesn't
matter if I get or don't get attention...

(Is anyone reading this?)

The delusion is
that there ever could be something outside
of awareness from which awareness could "get"
something. And of course, without this
delusion, we'd never have this incredible
machine of advertising, consumerism, greed,
narcissism, etc...

My theory is that "now" splits itself "now" into
a receiver and giver of attention because
"now" is "now" doing that, based on attributing
what is happening "now" to "the past".
And my theory is
that "now" can't help doing that because whatever
"now" is doing "now" is being done by "now",
right "now"...

See? It all makes sense "now"...
Doesn't it?

Well, maybe not...

Anyway,
Thanks for your kind attention...

Love,
Dan

________________________________________________________________________________\
_____


Omkara posted:

The undisturbed state of being is bliss; the disturbed
state is what appears as the world. In non-duality
there is bliss; in duality - experience. What comes
and goes is experience with its duality of pain and
pleasure. Bliss is not to be known. One is always
in bliss, but never blissful. Bliss is not an attribute.

- Nisargadatta Maharaj


Bliss is Eternal,
even though it appears to arise when the mind dies.
Bliss is not an experience, it is your nature.
This is the Heart of the Wise.
This Gift is always calling to everyone,
"You are seated in the Heart of all Beings."
This is the Truth: Your face shines.

- Papaji

top of page

 

Home Search Site Map Contact Support
 
 

Non-duality books

Specialises in book and audio resources on Advaita and non-duality

Awakening to the Dream

The Gift of Lucid Living.

"This book will be of great assistance to the seeming many." Sailor Bob Adamson
www.awakeningtothedream.comooooooooooo
"The Enlightenment Trilogy"
by Chuck Hillig
Enlightenment for Beginners Read the Reviews
The Way IT Is
Read the Reviews
Seeds for the Soul
Read the Reviews
www.blackdotpubs.com | Order now
"Pure Silence:
Lessons in Living and Dying"
Audio CD by Mark McCloskey
Highly recommended."
--Jan Kersschot, M.D.
Reviews | sample track | Buy Now
The Texture of Being
by Roy Whenary
"We do not need to search in order to find our true Being. We already are it, and the mind which searches for it is the very reason why we cannot find it."
Reviews, excerpts and ordering info.
oooooooooooooooooooooooo
For over two years this website has been hosted expertly by Experthost
~ ~ ~
Search engine sponsored by
Spiritually Incorrect Enlightenment